Saturday, October 20, 2012

I cannot believe it has been so long since I have posted on here.  Life definitely got in the way of a lot of things, including blogging, but here it goes!

A lot has happened in the past month and a half!  Mainly, I got a new student!  Ok ok, so that wasn't that long ago (he came to us on Wednesday).  But still, that is a major addition to our little room!  He's a first grader, and I think he's still in new classroom, new school, don't know anybody shock, but he's slowly coming around.

I had my students make him welcome cards the week before he got here, to get them all excited about having a new student with us (you know, kind of like the you're going to be a big sister/brother effect) and it worked!  They have been so welcoming with him!  I am so proud of my munchkins!

I made this really cool pencil to help the kids with the writing process.  I can't wait to use it!!  I decided to put it up on my white board so that I could use the custom magnets I ordered from ready made magnets on Rick Morris's website.  I went for the Dr. Seuss ones (given our classroom theme!).  I can't wait to get them and start writing with this pencil!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment