Monday, August 6, 2012

Welcome to the blogging world!

Hello everybody!  My name is, well, for the purposes of some sense of privacy on the world wide web, I'll just go by Maestra Williams.  That is what the kiddos call me, after all.  Last year i taught first grade in a first year dual immersion program.  This year, it will be a 1/2 combo class!  I am so excited to get this classroom going, and have then decided to share some of my gold nuggets with the world.

Unfortunately, today I am stuck at home without a car.  You see, my husband and I were coming back from a nice, short vacation in the mountains and we forgot to pick up his car along the way.  So, unfortunately, I don't have a car today.  But that means I have all day to work on the little details for my classroom.  So Across the Universe, scissors, glue and markers it is!

Right now I'm working on some magnet boards so that we will know at all times who is where, and another one for cafeteria versus home lunches.  I printed the numbers and the signs off of this awesome teaching website, A Cupcake for the Teacher.  I have magnetic whiteboards, so I think I'll be taping off squares on my whiteboard for these beauties.  Here they are so far, just printed out.  I'll post a picture of these beauties when they're totally done...  :)
I am also going for a Dr. Seuss theme in my classroom.  The font is called Grinched and I found it on Pinterest.  Wish I could remember which link it was, but I am sure if you search for it, something will come up.

Check out this other cute little sign I made!  

These are my hall passes!!  They will be hanging near the door the kiddos use to get in and out.  The idea is they'll move their number to where they are going to be on the whiteboard, and then they'll take the hall pass so that la directora (the principal) knows that they were ok'd to leave the classroom and do their thing.  I am so excited!!!

Ok, I think that's it for now, but I'll post more as more things come to mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment