Friday, February 7, 2014

Sick Days Suck...But the History Channel Rules!

As you've probably guessed, I have been home sick now for two days.  At first I figured it was just going to be a bad cold but no, a high fever soon ensued and I'm still stuck, sitting on the sofa, waiting for my fever to break.  Ugh.

The plus side is I got to watch a lot of History Channel.  I love history, probably more than any other subject in school, so I have been in heaven.  I watched a fascinating documentary (over 2 hours long!) on Ancient Egypt and their great engineers.

Did you know that the Egyptian pyramids contain enough stone to build a wall 5 feet thick and 10 feet tall from New York to Los Angeles?

Wow.

It has also given me time to really catch up on Sochi and what's going on there, and honestly, you probably shouldn't get me started on that.  Not only do the pictures reporters are sending back from their first nights in Sochi hauntingly resemble North Korea and their abysmal conditions, but their blatant human rights violations anger me to the core.  Whether you believe in gay rights or not does not give you the right to turn to violence in a pitiful and cowardly attempt to solve what, in the end, is a difference of lifestyles.  At the end of the day, it's none of your business and I stand proud against Putin and those criminals who have somehow not had to take responsibility for their complete and total, blatant violation of human rights.

Off my soapbox now.  Told you not to get me started.  :)

Anyways, back to classroom stuff.  I put up a new product on TpT!  I needed to leave a story map for my substitute to do with my kids today on The Enormous Turnip ( El enorme nabo) but I was already sick at home.  And there was NO way I was going back to school to find it.  So I did the easiest thing I could think of - design a new one and email it to my amazing coworker who then printed it out and made copies for my kiddos.

So here it is, and it's FREE!  (Just click the picture!)

No comments:

Post a Comment