Thursday, August 29, 2013

Almost One Week Down!

Boy oh boy has this week given me a run for my money.

Coming from first grade land, kindergarten land is all "GO GO GO!"

I plan as though I'm going to get through everything.  And for as "GO GO GO" as kinder is, it's not the right kind of "GO GO GO".

Learning curve.

I have to say though, I am LOVING kindergarten.  The kiddos are so tiny, so cute, so innocent and they really do say the darndest things.  One of my moms told me today that her son informed her at dinner last night, "Mami, estoy bien contento con la maestra.  Pero no se su name!"

So cute.

My little 5 year olds now also know that they need to get a drink of water and use the restroom when they're out at recess.  One of my little girls walks in today and says to me, in her cutest little voice (which I'm sure she has practiced) "Maestra, can I PLEASE have a drink of water?  If I don't get one, I'll melt!"

Again, so cute.

The cuteness factor is too much to handle.

I really like my front wall, so I wanted to post a picture of it again.
My alphabet is from our reading program Estrellita.  It's an amazing reading program in Spanish that teaches kids how to read through syllables.  I also have my language board and my math board up.  I have another "Capitanes" poster that I made and it sits front and center.  I need to take a picture of that and post it.

My calendar area is pretty stinken cute too.  All Dr. Seuss'ed out!  And the BEST part?

MY DONORS CHOOSE PROJECT WAS FUNDED YESTERDAY!!!  That means that the little carpet that is currently in my calendar area will be moving to the front (near the language and math boards) and my new, bright, colorful rug will go here!  SO EXCITED!

Thank you to EVERYONE who helped spread the word, donated or even just looked at my page.  I am truly blessed.

How is your first week(s) of school going?

No comments:

Post a Comment